Is it possible that you go through a “nesting” phase as you are about to release your child to kindergarten, the way you do when you are about to give birth? I don’t remember this from Colin, but this week I have:
- Power washed the house in the area of the front door
- Scrubbed my laundry tub with Comet
- Given the bathroom garbage can a thorough cleaning
- Mopped in back of the toilet
- Washed the grate thing on the bottom of the fridge
- Tried to bribe s’on Jeremy to rip out the carpet in my living room I have put up with for 12 years, and I need him to come NOW!!!
What’s this about?
“ML,” you’re saying. “These are basic house cleaning activities I do every week.”
And I am glad for you. Nothing on that list ever occurs to me unless it is really, really bad and even then. I scrubbed the laundry tub.
I suspect, don’t you, that I am trying to control things in a situation where I am losing control. I am sure it is a perfectly natural reaction, but what’s next? Scrubbing the kitchen counter tops with bleach? Shelf paper? The basement?????