I’m not really much of one for writing exercises, but I really like those ladies with the bad (ahem) a** mother runner shirts. They are answering running questions on their blog, and since you have been so patient with my running posts, I thought you might be interested in my answers.
And here they are even if you’re not.
1. Best run ever: Well, this is a tough one right off the bat. How exciting was it when I ran that mile the first day? Or when I finished the first 5K? Or the race with Cyberspace and Colin? How about when I so nearly ran the 5K in 30 minutes? Or when I was so serious I ran in the mountains? What a fabulous beginning to my running career.
2. Three words that describe my running: Determined, mindful, victorious
3. My go-to running outfit is: Since I’ve only been out in a warmish spring and summer, it’s a tank top and a running skirt. I have already purchased a jacket, hat, and gloves for moving through fall. I anticipate staying outside until it gets snowy which could be January or tomorrow.
4. Quirky habit while running: I like to high five this statue of a fictional Native American princess as I pass her.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning. If I don’t, I won’t.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Lightning.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Achilles tendinitis. I got new shoes, rested my foot, quit whining.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I ran on vacation!
9. Next race is: Okay, my next race was supposed to be one of two races, but the truth is — with going to and coming home from vacation, getting the boys back to school and sundry other things heavy on my heart — something had to go. The pressure of racing had to go. On Saturday I will be running the first ever Mary Lisa 5K. The only entrant is me. I am just going to race against myself. I only wish there was a t-shirt.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: 10K, All the Way!!